The petitions were against:
- Processing of personal data revealing ethnic origin
- Educational Law, which discriminates against minorities in Lithuania
- Limiting the rights of the Polish minority in Lithuania (support of the complaint of Tomasz Snarski) (full text on www.efhr.eu)
- The foundation has collected almost:
During Friday’s demonstration (23rd September) outside the LR Parliament, there was an opportunity to sign the above petitions and get more information about the Foundation’s activity and its programme ’Legal Help Centre’ at the EFHR stall. All petitions received significant support, receiving some 900 signatures. The Foundation also received requests to send the petitions to schools, in order to collect more signatures. The Foundation wants to inform readers that all petitions will soon be sent educational institutions of minorities in Lithuania. This initiative needs your support!
The foundation has collected almost:
- 2, 500 signatures on the petition against processing of personal data revealing ethnic origin
- 2, 900 signatures on the petition against educational law, which discriminates against minorities in Lithuania
- 2, 500 signatures on the petition against limiting the rights of the Polish minority in Lithuania (support of the complaint of Tomasz Snarski).
Please direct petitions with signatures to the Foundation, either in person or by mail to the following address: Liepkalnio g. 103, LT-02121, Vilnius.
Fundation stands in defence of human rights. Your rights!
European Foundation of Human Rights