On the occasion of the International Human Rights Day, celebrated on the 10th of December, the European Foundation of Human Rights decided to organise a creative art competition for 5th to 12th grade students. The students were encouraged to create an artwork on one of the selected topics related to human rights.
The topic chosen for students from 5th to 8th grade was: “We are all different, but we are all equal”. Older students (9th to 12th grade) prepared an artwork on the topic: “Stand up for someone’s rights”.
Among 29 artworks sent to the headquarters of EFHR, the committee chose 3 winners in each category. A special prize was awarded to the author of the artwork with the biggest number of “likes” on Facebook.
All submitted artworks are available here.
The winners in the category of 5th to 8th grade are:
- Dominyka Jakutowicz, 8th grade, Elementary School in Kyviskes;
- Bai Xue, 6th grade, the American International School of Vilnius (AISV);
- Bernard Rynkiewicz, 6th grade, Vilnius Lazdynai Secondary School.
The winners in the category of 9th to 12th grade are:
1. Agnieszka Lenkiewicz, 9th grade, Mykolas Balinskis Secondary School in Jašiūnai;
2. Wioleta Żylińska, 11th grade, Mykolas Balinskis Secondary School in Jašiūnai;
3. Victoria Bogdziun, 9th grade, Mykolas Balinskis Secondary School in Jašiūnai.
A special award goes to Jekaterina Fedotova, 10th grade student from Mykolas Balinskis Secondary School in Jašiūnai.
The winners are welcome to pick up their awards from the 22nd of December on working days in the EFHR headquarters in Vilnius, 6 J. Dobkevičiaus Street (second floor). The certificates of participation will be sent to all participants by post to the school address.
Contact us by telephone +370 69150822 or by e-mail: email@example.com
Congratulations and Merry Christmas!