European Foundation of Human Rights (EFHR) was established in 2010 as a response to the violations and abuse of human rights and the rights of national minorities in Lithuania. Today, foundation is celebrating its 10th anniversary. This celebration inspired us to organize international conference to discuss the current situation of national minority rights in Lithuania.
Conference „The legal situation of national minorities in Lithuania in the context of national and international law” will be held on May 26, 2021 in a remote form on the Zoom platform. It will be also available to watch on the internet.
Our speaker will present such topics as:
- National Minorities in Contemporary Lithuanian Society: Social Issues and Challenges;
- (In)equal opportunities for ethnic communities – where and when to apply in case of discrimination;
- Language Rights in the European Union: Theory and Practice;
- Is there a difference between the human rights of minority and national minority rights? An international perspective;
- Integration of Diverse Societies and Minority Rights under the OSCE HCNM standards;
- An Outline for the Assessment of Minority Representative/Participatory Bodies;
- The legal provisions on the protection of minorities in the Czech Republic from theory to practice.
Conference will be held both in English and Lithuanian, simultaneous translation will be provided.
After the conference, organizers are going to release an exclusive scientific publication (in digital format), an overview of current political and legal situation of Lithuanian national minorities. The publication will consist the articles of the participants, their lectures and commentaries. If additional funding is submitted, the organizers might also provide printed version of the publication. This publication will be passed to academic institutions and organizations.
If you have any questions or you are interested in participating, please contact us:
via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
via mobile: +(370) 691 50 822